In this article, I am talking about our solar system Mars Planet facts.
Mars is the fourth planet from the Sun, and after Mercury is the second largest planet in the solar system. In English, Mars has a name for the Roman god of war, and it is often referred to as the “red planet” because the red iron oxide prevailing on its surface gives it a red color Which is specific. The celestial bodies appear to the naked eye. [1 visible] Mars is a terrestrial planet with a slim environment, whose surface characteristics are reminiscent of both the Moon and the valleys, deserts and impact craters of Earth’s polar ice stars.
Mars can be easily seen from the naked eye with the eyes because it can be Red. Its apparent magnitude is -2.94, which is crossed only by Jupiter, Venus, Moon, and Sun. The optical ground-based binoculars are generally limited to the facilities of solving approximately 300 kilometers (190 miles) due to the closest to the Earth and atmosphere.
Solar System’s largest volcano is on Mars
The rotational period and seasonal cycles of Mars are similar to the Earth, as inclined which yields the weather. Mars is the location of Olympus Mons, which is the largest volcano in the Solar System and the second highest known mountain, and one of the largest canyons of the Solar System is Valse Marineris. (Mars Planet facts) The northern hemisphere contains 40% of the smooth Borealis basin and this can be a huge impact feature. [1 Bas] Mars has two moons, Phobos and DeMos, which are small and irregularly shaped. On these asteroids, 5261 Eureka, a Mars can be captured as a Trojan.
An ongoing investigation is being conducted to assess the potential of existing life as well as assess the potential of the previous abode of Mars. Future astronomy missions have been planned, including Mars 2020 and Exomoons Rovers. Due to low atmospheric pressure, liquid water may not exist on the surface of Mars, which is less than 1% of Earth, except for the lowest height for a short period of time. (Mars Planet facts) Two polar ice lids appear to be made of water on a large scale. In the South Polar ice cap, if the quantity of ice is melted, then it will be enough to cover the entire planet’s surface at a depth of 11 meters (36 feet). In November 2016, NASA reported a large amount of underground ice in the Utopia Planitia region of Mars. Lake Superior has been estimated to be equal to the amount of water.
Some Interesting Mars Planet Facts
- How did Mars the name
Mars has a name for the Roman god of war, and it is often referred to as the “red planet”. This ancient Greek was known as Ares, the god of their war. This is considered due to the planet’s blood-red color which was also used by other ancient cultures. Chinese astronomers called Mars “fire stars”, while priests of ancient Egypt called it “his countryman” which means “red one”
- Mars Has Two Moons
There are two asteroids like the Moon in the planet called Phobos and Demos. Because they have such compositions that are similar to asteroids found elsewhere in the solar system, according to NASA, most scientists believe that gravity of the red planet had long ago snatched the moon and forced them into orbit. But in the life of the Solar System, the life of Phobos is very small. In approximately 30 million to 50 million years, Phobos crashes on the surface of Mars or separates, because the tidal power of the planet will prove to be much more resistant. (Mars Planet facts)
- Mars is home to the highest mountain in the Solar System.
Olympus Mons, a shield volcano, is 21 km high and 600 km in diameter. In spite of being formed for billions of years, many recent scientists believe that lava flows of volcanic eruptions may still be active.
- You can see Mars from Earth
Mars is the only planet that we can see from the Earth with our eyes because it can be Red. Yes, but we can not do it well with our open eyes, for that, you have to get the help of the telescope and this is Mars Planet facts.
- Length of Year and Day
One year of Mars as compared to Earth is 687 days and One Day of Mars as compared to Earth is 24 hours 37 minutes.
- One day there will be one ring of Mars.
In the next 20-40 million years, Mars’s biggest moon Phobos will be broken by gravitational forces, which will lead to the construction of a ring that can last for 100 million years.
Some other Mars Planet Facts
- The red-orange color of Mars’s surface is due to iron oxide (ferric oxide), commonly known as hematite or rust.
- Apart from silicon and oxygen, there are elements found in large quantities in the crust of Mars: iron, magnesium, aluminum, calcium, and potassium.
- The average temperature of Mars is -55 ° C while during winter, the temperature is up to -87 ° C and in summer -5 ° C.
- This planet is 1.52 times more than the Sun compared to Earth, as a result, only 43% of sunlight reaches Mars. (Mars Planet facts)
- Mars’s gravity is one-third of the Earth’s gravitational force if a person’s weight is 100 kilograms on Earth. Then due to low gravity on Mars, only 37 kilograms will remain.
- There is a possibility of any kind of life on Mars from all the planets in our solar system.
- It is believed that once on the Mars Planet all the water was like water! It is also possible that there can be a blue sky near Mars too!
- The tilt of the Mars axis is 25.19 degrees.
- Scientists discovered the ability to produce water on this planet for the first time in 1971 as a volcano source!
- The atmosphere on the planet is very low compared to Earth, so life is very difficult there.
- Dusty storms rise on the surface of Mars, sometimes these storms cover entire Mars.
- Mars seasons are like earth, although on Mars these seasons are twice as long on Earth.
- Mars has two moons. Their names are Phobos and Demos. Phobos is Somewhat larger than demos. Both of these are small and irregular
- Mars’s gravity is one-third of the Earth’s gravitational. This means that if any rock falls on Mars then it will fall very slowly from the Earth.
- In addition to its geographical features, the rotational period of Mars and the seasonal cycle are similar to the Earth.
- In summary, it would be right to say that humans must make the environment of their planet Earth. More humane so that they do not have to go to another planet and stay in the opposite conditions. (Mars Planet facts)